Pek Pongpaet shares a few fundamental lessons of lean startup philosophy in this interview that can be applied by any startup.
Prefer Audio Version (.MP3)? – Right Click Here and Save.
People, Book Recommendations, and Resources of Interest Mentioned In This Interview
3. Lean Startup By Eric Reis
Tweetable Quotes from this Interview!
Things You Will Learn In This Interview
This is an excellent interview for any startup founder. I had the pleasure to ask Pek a variety of questions . Here are some highlights:
1. What lessons have you learned from your training in martial arts that you apply in Business?
There are no overnight successes. Anything worth getting requires hard work over long duration. Also, try to make mistakes quickly, learn from them, and recover quickly.
2. Did luck or timing play any role in the success and initial traction of Pinstagram?
Luck and timing can help (they got press coverage for Pinstagram at the beginning) but at the end of the day, the product has to stand for itself. Also, you have to find a sustainable way to drive traffic to your website.
3. Why did they decided to rebrand Pinstagram to Pictacular?
4. How do you get your app to stand out from million of other new apps in the market?
5. What is the monetization strategy of free apps?
6. What is lean startup philosophy in layman terms and can it be applied to a general business?
Use the quickest and least expensive way to convey value and try to get customers to pay for your product.
7. How to approach people to get feedback for your product?
8. What is the biggest mistake he has made in his business career?
Taking too long to build a product and without any customer feedback.
Did you find this interview useful? Please use the comments box below to provide feedback, comments, questions, and suggestions for future interviews.