Dan shipper and his co-founders created a successful tech startup while still in college. He shares some of his lessons learned and useful advice for young entrepreneurs.
Prefer Audio Version (.MP3)? – Right Click Here and Save.
People, Book Recommendations, and Resources of Interest Mentioned In This Interview
Tweetable Quotes from this Interview!
Click to Tweet>>>> There is no shortcut.
Things You Will Learn In This Interview
1. How did Dan get the idea for Firefly and how did he and co-founders validate the idea.
2. How did they create partnerships with successful companies and what is the best way to find and create partnerships?
3. How do the go about finding their customers?
4. Should anyone thinking of creating a tech startup bother getting a software engineering degree and should they be self-taught?
5. Is college the best place to create a startup?
6. What are some of the best ways to validate your idea and find the product/market fit?
7. How can a non-tech founder become more comfortable with coding and technology aspect of startups?
8. MUST kids today learn how to code?
9. What are the biggest mistakes that startups make and how to avoid them?
10. At what point should you think about raising money in your startup?
11. How can non-technical founders find the product/market fit before they go about finding a tech cofounder and start building their product?
Did you find this interview useful? What is your biggest challenge in creating your startup? Please share your questions, comments and suggestions in the comments box below.